Monday, March 26, 2012

+0.4lbs....I'll take it.

Today was weigh-in day and I gained just under half a pound.  If I would have gained half a pound this time last year, I would have had a breakdown, beat myself up for being so ugly and fat and then spent the day moping about how much of a failure I was.

I let half a pound do that to me and I doubt that I'm the only one.

But this year, this time around, I refuse to let plateaus, small gains, or small setbacks get me down.  I am trying to look back at the past week critically and figure out where I went wrong and stop lying to myself about how I was "perfect" on my food and exercise and how I deserve to lose weight.

Because I wasn't perfect and I didn't deserve to lose weight.

Since my last weigh in I deserved to gain half a pound based on my food alone.  I had pizza, ooey gooey pizza.  I had a full sugar Coke.  I had cookie dough, ice cream and cookie dough ice cream.  I didn't eat enough vegetables, I ate too many carbs;  I deserved that half a pound and am a much saner and healthier person for realizing that.

So this week, I'm starting over.

This week, I'm aiming to eat good 80% of the time and only letting myself splurge slightly for the other 20% of the time.

This week, I'm going to hit my calorie burn goals when I work out.  I will not give up early, I will not make excuses over how my knees hurt.

This week, my goal is to loose 2 lbs.

This week, I will make my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment